The elimination of manual security questionnaires has long been — and still is — our mission at SafeBase. We’ve pioneered the concept of a Trust Center, which allows organizations to proactively share their security posture with buyers and customers, simplify the workflows across teams and buyers, and optimize their efforts with real-time insights.
All of these elements come together to help organizations like LinkedIn, Asana, Jamf, Snyk, and hundreds more pre-empt the need to respond to security questionnaires. In the process, these organizations create a better buying experience, accelerate sales cycles, and position security as a revenue-driver.
Yet, we know there are still times when you need — or even want — to respond to a security questionnaire. When this happens, having your Trust Center’s wealth of knowledge, in addition to previous questionnaire responses housed in your Knowledge Base, at your fingertips is a major leap forward. Still, the act of responding can be time-consuming, requiring switching among programs, searching for relevant past responses, parsing insights, and creating new answers when needed.
Announcing AI-powered Questionnaire Assistance
At SafeBase, we saw an opportunity to extend the value of the SafeBase Trust Center, while helping reduce the burden of outstanding security questionnaires for our customers. Today, we’re excited to announce the launch of AI-powered Questionnaire Assistance, SafeBase’s “last-mile” support designed to significantly reduce the time and manual effort required to complete security questionnaires.
The launch of AI-powered Questionnaire Assistance represents the next phase of our acquisition of Stacksi, the AI-powered security questionnaire automation platform. By leveraging Stacksi’s technology and expertise, we’re building on a foundation that has already saved customers tens of thousands of hours across countless questionnaires.
Our CEO Al Yang notes: "Today’s enterprise buying cycles are increasingly focused on establishing and maintaining trust between buyers and sellers. Yet, the traditional method of building trust — the dreaded security questionnaire — represents a significant drain on resources for vendors. Our AI-powered Questionnaire Assistance reduces the time required to complete security questionnaires by 80% or more, allowing organizations to free themselves to focus on other strategic initiatives while continuing to invest in customer trust."
What is AI-powered Questionnaire Assistance?
SafeBase’s AI-powered Questionnaire Assistance leverages all of your Trust Center contents, including past questionnaire responses, to find and generate answers to unavoidable security questionnaires. The product intelligently searches for matching or similar responses and generates new, accurate answers when needed. Users can review, edit, and approve responses directly within SafeBase, ensuring the highest level of accuracy and control.
Leverage your wealth of knowledge — even in TPRM portals
In addition, when a buyer requests a questionnaire through a vendor risk management portal, such as OneTrust or Panorays, organizations can leverage the SafeBase Chrome extension to provide responses directly within that portal. The Chrome extension automatically detects portal-based questions, finds or generates responses, and seamlessly populates answers directly into the portal.
Leveraging AI-powered Questionnaire Assistance not only significantly reduces the time it takes to complete security questionnaires, it also continually strengthens a company’s wealth of knowledge. When net-new responses are generated, they can be pulled back into your Knowledge Base, further reducing the likelihood of receiving a security questionnaire in the future.
One place for answering questionnaires
With SafeBase, every step to completing a security questionnaire happens in one platform. Here’s how it works:
- Upload Questionnaires: Upload security questionnaires into the SafeBase platform, syncing them with your Trust Center contents and Knowledge Base. SafeBase supports all of the most commonly-used questionnaire formats, including .xls and .csv files.
- Search for Similar Responses: Our opt-in artificial intelligence searches the contents of the Trust Center and Knowledge Base to find insights and previously-generated responses that match or closely relate to the current questions. Exact matches are populated as responses, indexing in relevancy and recency.
- Generate Needed Responses: If no matching response is found, AI-powered Questionnaire Assistance uses the information from the Trust Center and past responses to generate net-new answers, citing source information.
- Review and Approval: Review the populated answers, make any necessary edits or additions, and approve them directly within SafeBase.
- Export and Respond: Once approved, export the completed questionnaire in its original format, ready to share back with the buyer. Additionally, the SafeBase Chrome extension enables seamless responding on vendor risk management portals, allowing customers to provide or generate answers within the questionnaire portal itself.
By incorporating AI-powered Questionnaire Assistance into your security assessment workflows, your team is empowered to focus on more strategic initiatives while ensuring accurate and timely responses to buyer questions.
Accelerate security reviews, build and maintain customer trust
AI-powered Questionnaire Assistance is an add-on product to the SafeBase Trust Center. If you are a current SafeBase customer, please reach out to your customer success manager for more information. If you are not yet a SafeBase customer, please schedule some time with us to learn more about how a Trust Center + AI-powered Questionnaire Assistance can streamline the security review process while building and maintaining customer trust.
Ready to learn more? Join us on December 6 for our webinar: Leveraging AI to Reduce the Security Questionnaire Burden.