We appreciate your trust, and we will work hard to continue to earn it. We know that you care how information about you and your customers is used and shared.
Please read this policy carefully. We seek to explain to you in the clearest way possible the information we collect, how we use it and what rights you have in relation to it.
While we encourage you to read the full policy, here is a summary of how we handle your personal information:
- We collect personal information that you disclose to us such as name, email, address, and other personal information.
- Some information such as IP address, browser and device types are automatically collected when you visit our sites.
- We process your information for purposes based on real and legitimate business reasons, the promises we outline in our contract with you, compliance with our legal obligations, and your consent.
- We may share information with your consent, to comply with laws, to protect your rights, in connection with a Transaction (defined below), or to fulfill business obligations.
- We protect your personal information through a system of organizational and technical security measures.
- We do not knowingly collect any data from or market to children under 18 years of age.
- You may review, change, or delete your personal information at any time.
DATA THAT CAN BE COLLECTED
Personal Information that you disclose to us
Summary: We collect personal information that you disclose to us such as name, email, address, and other security data.
We collect and process the personal information that you provide to us such as:
- Your contact details: first name, last name, email address, postal address;
- The name of your company;
- Your login details: username (email address) and password.
- Any information you provide to us when you fill in forms on the Site.
The mandatory nature of the information you shall provide on the Site and/or when using our Services is notified at the time of the collection and on the corresponding forms by asterisks.
We collect this information when you sign up for, buy, or use our Services.
SOME INFORMATION IS AUTOMATICALLY COLLECTED
Summary: Some information such as IP address, browser and device types are automatically collected when you visit our sites.
To improve our website and our services and to make them more efficient and more suited to our customer value proposition, our servers automatically collect technical data, among which some data might be personal information.
SafeBase may collect the following data:
- Internet service providers;
- IP Address;
- HTTP errors;
- Information on your equipment, including: your internet connection, the equipment you use to access the Site, including the version and type of browser you use;
- Connection time on the Site and duration of the use of the Services;
- The links on which you click on the Site;
- Standard information regarding the server log, the bandwidth, some software installed on your computer;
In particular, we use the following cookies:
- Cookies allowing us to manage the User authentication;
- Cookies allowing audience and statistical measurements on the Site;
- Cookies allowing us to improve your browsing experience, for example by remembering whether you have clicked on the tooltip so as not to show it the next time;
- Cookies allowing us to follow up your preferences.
You are free to block, delete or disable some or all cookies by changing your cookie preferences in your browser settings. However, please note that if you choose to set your browser in this manner, some areas of our Site and/or our Services may not function properly.
Information collected from other sources
We may collect limited data from public databases, third party marketing vendors, and other outside sources.
Security Portal Information
If you subscribe to or access a SafeBase customer's private Security Portal, we collect your name, email address, and company name (collectively, “Security Portal Information”). We collect Security Portal Information as a processor on behalf of our customers. If you have any questions about our processing of Security Portal Information, or you want to request access to or deletion of Security Portal Information, please contact the relevant customer.
PURPOSES OF THE DATA PROCESSING
Summary: We process your information for purposes based on real and legitimate business reasons, the promise we outline in our contract with you, compliance with our legal obligations, and your consent. Below we clearly outline how and why we use the personal information we collected.
The main purpose of collecting personal information is to provide you with a safe, optimal, efficient, and personalized experience.
We may also use your personal information to:
- Allow you to use our Services and to provide you with related services;
- Answer your enquiries relating to the Services available on the Site;
- Send you emails containing technical or administrative information;
- Carry out statistical analyses and develop our Site and Services;
- Comply with the current laws and regulations and our Terms of Services.
We may also send you marketing emails, and you can opt out by following the unsubscribe instructions in any marketing email we send.
SafeBase may use the data collected for other purposes, which you will be informed of at the time the data is collected and be asked to accept.
SHARING YOUR DATA
Summary: We only share information with your consent, to comply with laws, to protect your rights, in connection with a Transaction (defined below), or to fulfill business obligations.
SafeBase is committed to keeping all personal information collected via the Site and the Services and to sharing it only as described in this policy.
SafeBase may share with third-parties aggregated data that does not identify you directly and that will allow SafeBase to develop new Services, products, content, advertisements, on the Site to meet your needs and wishes.
SafeBase may also share your personal information with service providers to carry out services related to the Site and/or our Services, including maintenance, hosting, analysis, marketing, online-payment, communication, data processing, distribution of emails. These service providers will only have access to your data to provide and improve these services.
SafeBase may share your data to prevent, detect, investigate and take measures against any activities potentially prohibited or illegal, any situation threatening the security or any other right and interest of Users or any individual, any breach of the Terms of Service, if authorized or required by law and if SafeBase considers in good faith that it is necessary to share them. Besides, SafeBase may send your personal information to respond to legal proceedings of any nature, Court orders, any legal action or implementing enforcement measures that are required by the competent authorities.
If we are involved in a merger, acquisition, financing, reorganization, bankruptcy, receivership, dissolution, sale of all or a portion of our assets, or transition of service to another provider (collectively a “Transaction”), we may share your personal information in the diligence process with counterparties and others assisting with the Transaction and with a successor or affiliate as part of or following that Transaction.
SafeBase may only share your personal information for other purposes with your prior consent.
KEEPING YOUR DATA SAFE
We hold ourselves responsible for protecting your personal information through a system of organizational and technical security measures.
We have implemented appropriate technical and organizational security measures designed to protect the security of any personal information we process. With that said, please remember, however, that we cannot guarantee the internet itself is 100% secure. We will do our best to protect your personal information, the transmission of personal information is, however, at your own risk. We recommend that you access the services within a secure environment.
SafeBase retains your personal information for the period necessary to provide the Services and to answer your requests and in accordance with the applicable law and statute of limitation obligations.
COLLECTION OF YOUR DATA BY THIRD PARTIES
The Site may contain links towards other sites that we do not control.
COLLECTION OF INFORMATION AND DATA FROM MINORS
Summary: We do not knowingly collect any data from or market to children under 18 years of age.
We do not knowingly solicit data from or market to children under 18 years of age. By using the sites, you represent that you are at least 18 or that you are the parent or guardian of such a minor and consent to such minor dependent’s use of the sites.
If we learn that personal information from someone less than 18 years of age has been collected, we will deactivate the account and take reasonable measures to promptly delete such data from our records.
If you become aware of any data we have collected from children under age 18, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION FOR CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS
Disclosures Related to Collection, Use, and Disclosure of Personal Information
Pursuant to the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (“CCPA”), we are providing the following additional details regarding the collection, use, and disclosure of personal information about California residents:
- Categories of Personal Information Collected: In the preceding 12 months, we have collected the following categories of personal information: identifiers, characteristics of protected classifications under California or U.S. law, professional and employment-related information, education information, commercial information, internet and electronic network activity, inferences drawn about your preferences, and other categories of personal information that relates to or is reasonably capable of being associated with you.
- Business or Commercial Purpose for Collecting and Using Data: We have collected the above categories of personal information for the business purposes described above.
- Categories of Sources of Personal Information: We may have collected the above categories of personal information directly from you, automatically about your use of our site, and from third parties, such as clients of our legal services, government and public entities, public records, industry research databases, parties and related parties in litigation matters, and others.
- Categories of Personal Information Disclosed: In the preceding 12 months, we have disclosed the following categories of personal information for business or commercial purposes: identifiers, characteristics of protected classifications under California or U.S. law, professional and employment-related information, education information, commercial information, internet and electronic network activity, inferences drawn about your preferences, and other categories of personal information that relates to or is reasonably capable of being associated with you.
- Categories of Third Parties With Whom We Share Personal Information:We may share your personal information with the third parties.
- Sale of Personal Information (as defined by the CCPA): We do not sell, and in the preceding 12 months have not sold, the personal information we have collected.
To the extent provided for by law and subject to applicable exceptions, including but not limited to attorney-client privilege, California residents have the following privacy rights in relation to the personal information we collect:
- The right to know what personal information we have collected and how we have used and disclosed that personal information;
- The right to request deletion of your personal information;
- The right to opt out of the sale of your personal information; and
- The right to be free from discrimination relating to the exercise of any of your privacy rights.
Exercising Your Rights
California residents can exercise the above privacy rights by emailing us at email@example.com.
Verification: in order to protect your personal information from unauthorized access or deletion, we may ask you to provide additional personal information for verification. If we cannot verify your identity, we will not provide or delete your personal information.
Authorized Agents: you may submit a request to know or a request to delete your personal information through an authorized agent. If you do so, the agent must present signed written permission to act on your behalf and you may also be required to independently verify your identity with us and confirm that you have provided authorization to the agent.
California “Shine the Light” Disclosures
Pursuant to California Civil Code Section 1798.83(c)(2), California law requires us to inform California residents who have provided us with personal information that they may request information from us about our disclosures to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To request this information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.